We live in a digital age. Chances are, if you’re not a brick and mortar company, your customers are from around the globe. Or at least some of your audience is.
This should be apparent looking at your Google Analytics data. You’ll see traffic spike during odd hours, visitors will have different language preferences, and you’ll notice a wide array of IPs representing various regions around the world.
Most of our traffic is organic, and yet our San Francisco based software company is getting more than 40% of its traffic from countries other than the US.
So what does this mean? It means other demographics are interested in what we offer and are potential customers, but we’ve been ignoring them on social media.
We’ve only been posting during our own business hours, missing out on a potentially much larger audience. By using a tool like Cloud Campaign to schedule social media posts throughout the night (PST), we can begin to reach a large portion of our audience that are based in the UK, India, and beyond.
Making Your Campaign Global
- To begin, create a new schedule with your desired timezone selected.
2. Then add some days and times to post in that local timezone.
3. If you already have content specific to that audience, add it to your new queue. If not, find some content that will appeal to that specific audience that you’re trying to target. This parts important.
I’m trying to target marketers in London, so I’ll use the Content Recommendation Engine to find articles related to that.
4. Fill up your queue, and don’t forget to use relevant hashtags to find new customers.
5. You’re not done quite yet. Don’t forget to track how these posts performed and make improvements on the campaign overtime. Go over to your content library and select one of the items to see how it has performed.
If the content item is trending down, consider removing it from the queue or trying other captions.
If it’s still performing well, recycle it by adding it back to your queue and enabling ‘recycle’ from the edit menu.
Are you new to Cloud Campaign?
Head over to our website to learn more about how Cloud Campaign can save your company both time and money. Get started with a free 30-day trial.
Share your best tips for going global in the comments below.